THE BUS STATION

The foundations of the current bus station were laid in 1978, and in 1981 it opened to the public. The Bus Station also had a wedding hall where different weddings and events were organized. During the trends of privatization in the post-Yugoslav period, the bus station was excluded from the list of privatization and to this day remains in use as a public facility. In Autostrade Biennale’s f...

xRead More

The Gazi Mehmed Pasha Hammam

The Gazi Mehmed Pasha Hammam (Turkish Bath) is located in the city centre, near the Kukli-Mehmet Bey and Emin Pasha Mosques. It was built between 1563-1574, by Gazi Mehmet Pasha, who was the Sanjak-bey of Shkodra between 1573-1574. An inscription plate over the main gate (1833) reveals when the restoration was completed by Tahir and Mehmed Pashe Rrotulli. The Turkish Bath is part of th...

xRead More

The Castle

The Prizren Castle bears an important part of the ancient history of the city. Its strategic topographical position which dominates over the city, as well as its attractive natural landscape, together with the architectural composition, make it a landmark with indisputable environmental, scientific, historic and touristic value. It is located in the eastern part of the city, over a conical hill...

xRead More

THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM

The Archaeological Museum is part of the hammam, built in 1498. The founder of the hammam is assumed to be Shemsudin Ahmed Bey. Lacking written sources, it is not known until when exactly the hammam was used as a public bath, however, it is known that by the mid-19th century a clock tower was built by Eshref Pasha Rrotulli over the hammam’s hot area, meaning that the hammam must have stopped be...

xRead More

SARAJ

Currently inhabited by the Kadriaj family, where once the Mijic family resided, the Saraj is located on the right bank of the river. The house is located in the Historic Center of Prizren, on the corner in-between two streets within the neighborhood of Old Saraj, by the Bujar Godeni side road. The building is also close to the house of Shehzade, as well as other representative houses which to t...

xRead More

LOKVICA’S HOUSE

The Lokvica family house is a monument of special historical and architectural importance, located at number 17 Vatrat Shqiptare Street, within the Marash neighborhood in Prizren. Being located right next to the Lumbardhi River and the Fortress in the eastern part of the city, the house has a very convenient position in terms of Prizren’s urban context. Built close to the street and within t...

xRead More

THE BLUE HOUSE

The Blue House (Shtëpia e Kaltër) dates back to the 19th century. It is located between the fortress and the city center, within the individual housing area under the fortress known as Varosh. The walls of the house were reconstructed with present day materials, but it’s authentic adobe look has been preserved. Meanwhile, the walls of the exterior facade are colored blue, which makes the house ...

xRead More

RUINS

Between 1848-1850, Mehmet Pasha Rrotulla (Rrotulla being the ruling family in Prizren), the governor of Prizren at the time, decided to restore the Fortress and make it habitable. At that time, various masters from from Greece came for construction works, and most of them settled in this area. In Prizren they were known as Cincar (Vlach). Being the distinguished masters that they were, they als...

xRead More

PUBLIC INTERVENTIONS

Verius

xRead More

Meeting Point

Part of the International Biennial of Contemporary Art in Prizren, Autostrada Biennale (AB), was the public performance for the use of green spaces and the riverbed of Lumbardhi. This space was used as an informative meeting point for visitors to the biennial, where they had the opportunity to experience the river and the natural green spaces around it, as well as purchase products from the AB ...

xRead More